Vauhti Quick Glides

What works best and How to

Moderator: Moderator Group

Montana
World Cup

Vauhti Quick Glides

Postby Montana » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 pm

I purchased a set of Vauhti Quick Glide waxes from the Vauhti booth at the Birkie Expo. The set has a cleaner, base prep, and three waxes: LF Polar, LF Mid and HF Mid. These are all liquids and do not require ironing in. Apply, let dry thoroughly, cork in the LF Polar, LF Mid or HF Mid then brush.

I used them while classic skiing at ABR last Saturday. They seemed quite good. I plan to use them for the Rendezvous Race in West Yellowstone this Saturday, also while skiing the 25 Km Classic.

Does anyone here have experience with these waxes?
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Mark M
xcskiforum 20K

Re: Vauhti Quick Glides

Postby Mark M » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:37 pm

I have used HF and UF liquids quite much and they are pretty good option especially when traveling. Usually I prepare training skis with basic LF waxes and apply HF or UF when snow is quite wet. Leaving them to dry overnight before corking makes them last quite well.
They don't seem to dry the ski base too much but they contain pretty strong solvents and should be applied outside or in very well ventilated area.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks Mark.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Skied the Rendezvous Race 25 Km Classic. I gotta say the Vauhti Quik Glides were wonderful. Skis were very quick and smooth on downhills accelerated nicely. While I'm not an elite skier this 70 yo guy felt a joy flying past othe classic skiers on downhills. If the Vauhti grips perform as well I might soon be a convert.

Return to “Wax and Waxing”