Gatineau Park

Trail Conditions Across Canada

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

Gatineau Park

Postby LewLasher » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:04 am

On Monday I skied at Gatineau Park. Conditions on groomed trails were good: not a lot of powder, but nice and fast. On the ungroomed/skier-groomed/backcountry-lite trails, there were some spots (especially at stream crossings) where you had to be very careful. And there were some trails where there wasn't enough snow to even try. But, with the huge trail network, there was plenty of trails to choose from.

They could use a couple of inches of snow, which they probably got on Tuesday, judging from what I had to drive through, on my trip back to Vermont.

This was my first time skiing at Gatineau Park, and I was very impressed. As I said, the trail network is huge: I think it's probably bigger than Mt-Ste-Anne, which I suspect of putting multiple trail numbers on the same piece of trail to claim the largest trail network in Canada. Aside from size, I liked the terrain in Gatineau (more, smaller, hills) and the variety of trails (superhighways, roads, and New-England-sized trails). Lots of shelters and toilets, too.

zeek
xcskiforum 20K

Ist Time

Postby zeek » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi,Interesting to read your review.I to will be going to Gatineau this weekend and hope to enjoy a family day of skiing.It will also be our first time there. I hope i can bring my dog,she loves ski trails
So long.

Return to “Canada”