skiing to class

Trail Conditions Across Canada

Moderator: Moderator Group

zeek
xcskiforum 20K

skiing to class

Postby zeek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Here's a novel way I have been saving money and staying active ,albeit both on a small scale.Taking night courses at the college 3 days aweek costs me 12$ parking @ 4$ per night.But rather than park and pay,I park at a hotel not far ,and ski through some undeveloped land, 1\2 woods 1\2 field ,and go into the school the back way. It's a great excuse to be on my skis mid week.There is some good skating on part of a skidoo trail ,then my trail vers off for some good diagonal across a rolling field.We are finally getting a break from last weeks' bitter cold .It is nice to get some good glide back in my skis.

kuan
Ski Forum God

Postby kuan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:30 am

You gotta at least post a picture of your skis outside your classroom. :D

zeek
xcskiforum 20K

Photos

Postby zeek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:08 am

Yes, what a change in the weather. Skiing back to my truck last night in the pouring rain was not so fun . Hardly any snow left ,and some sections were muddy-good grip though , no question. Speaking of questions, how do I post photos to my text? I'd like to show a couple of the trail. And of course Good Luck !to all the upcoming racers in the Birkie.That is very impressive!I really enjoy reading all the anecdotes.Photos are fun too.

Return to “Canada”