XC Season Begins in Tahoe!!!

Stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

Moderator: Moderator Group

shoestring
xcskiforum 10K

XC Season Begins in Tahoe!!!

Postby shoestring » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm

We are still need more snow, but it's nice to finally be able to get out!

First season with our little one - just turned 12 weeks old.

Saturday we did some striding with him in a chest harness and Sunday we took the Chariot on its maiden snow voyage (both at Tahoe Donner Cross Country).

Some new skis, boots and poles arrived last night...so, pray for snow!

hegel
xcskiforum 30K

Re: XC Season Begins in Tahoe!!!

Postby hegel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Congratulations on your newish-born! I was skiing at Tahoe xc on Friday. One skier that I ran into had her child in a backpack, fast asleep. No need to whisper, nothing was going to wake that kid up. We met again later at the lodge, where the now revived baby was happily meeting and greeting.

I admire the heck out of all parents who bring their children out for a day in the snow.

Looks like you had better coverage at Tahoe Donner than I had at Dollar Hill, although I was happy enough with conditions, given the lack of snow fall.

Today--Saturday the 14th--I went out to Ward Creek, looking for better snow. This is a trail head for part of the Tahoe Rim Trail. I left a pretty good set of tracks going out the creek, if you're interested. The west shore of the lake, so the snow will last longer, but geeze, go soon, even there things are melting fast with no snow on the horizon!

shoestring
xcskiforum 10K

Re: XC Season Begins in Tahoe!!!

Postby shoestring » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:12 pm

thanks hegel - we made it out to TDXC on the 14th and the snow was still holding but there were some bare spots.

TDXC is now recruiting volunteers to shovel snow to help save the trails - we need all of the help we can get!

skated with the chariot for the first time and it felt pretty nice...just need some more snow.

Return to “General Discussion”