any video showing how NOT to ski?

Stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

Moderator: Moderator Group

JeffOYB
Ski Forum God

any video showing how NOT to ski?

Postby JeffOYB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:26 am

i think it might be handy if a ski lesson video showed mistakes. do any Youtube videos show mistakes that you know about?

i've seen stopaction photos in magazines with experts showing us what not to do and usually they are fakier than heck.

it might be best to use footage of people making the mistakes naturally. prolly this would be easy to find in back of pack event video.

i'd really like to find some vids showing uphill v1 toilet seat and uphill diagonal fail. could prolly eaily put together a compilation vid from back of packers. quite a few comparisons might be possible this way. could put split screen with correct method across from mistake.
Jeff Potter
http://OutYourBackDoor.com
indie outdoor adventure, culture, heritage
...bikes, boats, skis, luggage, media & more!

sangreen
xcskiforum 10K

Re: any video showing how NOT to ski?

Postby sangreen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Sorry I can't answer your question. But I have a neat American Birkebeiner DVD where the classic race was "filmed" with a single fixed camera on one of the first big climbs --just wave after wave of skiers going past. The footage is over an hour long. In any case, it is remarkable to watch the progression (or rather, regression) in technique as the leaders go through first followed by each subsequent wave of classic skiers. It's quite striking and fun to watch.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Re: any video showing how NOT to ski?

Postby Neuro » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Return to “General Discussion”