Help: my friend has sore adductors

Stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

Moderator: Moderator Group

JeffOYB
Ski Forum God

Help: my friend has sore adductors

Postby JeffOYB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

We've had our first few days of skiing. My young friend tells me he's getting sore adductors. We haven't sorted out why yet. I haven't seen him ski lately. Sounds like stability issue. He usually uses nowaxes. He's an elite athlete. I suspect he has bomber kick. ...I used to hurt my hamstring missing kicks. First year of skating I recall sore inner thighs. I asked him for more details. But any ideas?

One advantage of getting old is that nothing hurts and I don't need to stretch! Just weaker. Probably am not strong enough to even hurt myself anymore.
Jeff Potter
http://OutYourBackDoor.com
indie outdoor adventure, culture, heritage
...bikes, boats, skis, luggage, media & more!

JeffOYB
Ski Forum God

Re: Help: my friend has sore adductors

Postby JeffOYB » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 pm

PS: Bah, i was worried but now he says he always gets sore there at the start of each new year. no worries. i suppose everyone has the place where they get sore each new season.

the past few years i've been hooked on cyclocross fever -- and i haven't been doing as much rollerskiing or circuit-training or autumn canoeing. so... these first few days of skiing have been killing my TRICEPS. ugh!

it didn't help that i was using long poles at first. geez. i just switched to 2" shorter poles -- ah, much relief. i'll build up to the longer poles.

i'm 6' and was using 147's and 150's -- ouch. now i'm using 143's, approx (guessing).
Jeff Potter
http://OutYourBackDoor.com
indie outdoor adventure, culture, heritage
...bikes, boats, skis, luggage, media & more!

Return to “General Discussion”