What made you start XC skiing?

Stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Re: What made you start XC skiing?

Postby Neuro » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:57 am

Well I told most in the 'introduce yourself' -section, but this is anyway Norway where cross country skiing is a huge part of the culture so skis are practically issued at birth.. ;)

No, seriously, almost everyone have a pair of skis, at least when I was growing up and snow was everywhere. With immigration and climate change this has changed somewhat, but the vast majority has skied at some point as it was in school before.

LewLasher
World Cup

Re: What made you start XC skiing?

Postby LewLasher » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Magnus Johansson wrote:
LewLasher wrote:And also the (frozen and snow-covered) Charles River, where I nearly got into a fistfight with a skier who complained that I - then a pedestrian - was ruining the ski tracks on what I reminded him was "a public river, not a ski area."

Wasn't the river wide enough for both a couple of ski tracks and some paths?

The river was/is wide and long enough so that there was room for multiple tracks and paths. Whether there actually were multiple tracks and paths is something that I cannot answer with accuracy, 4 decades later.

But, realistically, once my fellow pedestrian and I were, for the sake of discussion, halfway across the river, the only way out of the ski tracks would have been to backtrack to the river bank in those very same tracks.

Return to “General Discussion”