Tracking Issue on Jenex RC150

Moderator: Moderator Group

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Tracking Issue on Jenex RC150

Postby dcpattie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm

I notice I'm constantly stepping right to correct my rollerskis wanting to track left. Is there an adjustment to fix this? Should I rotate the tires?

Also, I'm considering a new set of rollerskis and was wondering the best binding/boot set-up to minimize "ski drop" where the ski/rollerski hangs or droops far from the heel. I'm imagine the SNS set-up minimizes this since there is a 2nd bar holding the boot to the binding but what about for NNN boots/bindings?
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Re: Tracking Issue on Jenex RC150

Postby Magnus Johansson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 am

dcpattie wrote:I notice I'm constantly stepping right to correct my rollerskis wanting to track left. Is there an adjustment to fix this? Should I rotate the tires?

Siriro has the following device for straight wheel mounting: http://www.siriro-shop.de/zubehoer-roll ... chtung.htm

dcpattie wrote:Also, I'm considering a new set of rollerskis and was wondering the best binding/boot set-up to minimize "ski drop" where the ski/rollerski hangs or droops far from the heel. I'm imagine the SNS set-up minimizes this since there is a 2nd bar holding the boot to the binding but what about for NNN boots/bindings?

I think one shall have roller skis long enough to allow for balance point mounting of the bindings, then, with the bindings at balance point, there is no tail drop. But if that is impossible, this is what Woodski does to minimize tail drop, or heel drop as they call it: http://www.woodrollerski.com/heel-drop- ... -about-it/

Michael_A
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Michael_A » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Loosen front and rear axles, clamp both wheels between two straight boards, then tighten axles and wheels will be parallel = go straight. As for balance point, you push off from ball of foot in center of ski, so the binding pivot point will always be a few inches ahead of that. Meaning back half will always be a bit heavier. The solution (moving bindings back) would seem to make things worse ....

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 am

Michael_A wrote:Loosen front and rear axles, clamp both wheels between two straight boards, then tighten axles and wheels will be parallel = go straight.

This is how the Siriro device work.

Michael_A wrote: As for balance point, you push off from ball of foot in center of ski, so the binding pivot point will always be a few inches ahead of that. Meaning back half will always be a bit heavier. The solution (moving bindings back) would seem to make things worse ....

No, the tail will not always be heavier. Please explain how moving the bindings back makes the tail drop more.

Michael_A
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Michael_A » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:11 am

Sorry, what I meant is that moving the bindings back 3” might cause bigger problems than having the back wheel dropping a little.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:09 am

Michael_A wrote:Sorry, what I meant is that moving the bindings back 3” might cause bigger problems than having the back wheel dropping a little.

That depends on how far in front of the balance point the bindings are. Dave is tall and I presume his feet are not very small. In any case, with a new pair of roller skis with shafts or frames 60 cm long he should be able to get a nicely balanced setup.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

Jenex has a thing to adjust one axis of the front wheel, see picture:

Basically loosen the screw and push the little tab to move the wheel. Of course to align it to the rear a tool like Magnus has suggested would be the best, but you could at least sort the worst of it by eye alone. To do the other axis you must bend using force.

I'm a bit fed up with Jenex due to fork design easily becoming misaligned. Next ski will be Swenor type with 'box' forks.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Postby dcpattie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 am

Neuro wrote:Jenex has a thing to adjust one axis of the front wheel, see picture:

Basically loosen the screw and push the little tab to move the wheel. Of course to align it to the rear a tool like Magnus has suggested would be the best, but you could at least sort the worst of it by eye alone. To do the other axis you must bend using force.

I'm a bit fed up with Jenex due to fork design easily becoming misaligned. Next ski will be Swenor type with 'box' forks.

Thanks - this works. This truly is a "micro-adjustment", I made an adjustment before heading out and was quickly veering off the trail. Just the slightest movement makes a HUGE difference! It took me about another hour of iterative micro-adjustments to dial it in.
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Return to “Roller Skis”