Anyone rollerskiing yet?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Re: Anyone rollerskiing yet?

Post by Neuro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Very nice areas. I Google-walked some of the routes now, but the asphalt in Alpino was poor like you say.

What were you doing in Italy?

What about braking or did you walk down all? Seems steep in places.

trotro
xcskiforum 30K

Post by trotro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm

I would never ski down anything more than a gentle slope, so I take a rucksack with trainers.

The Alpino climb has two downhills but my classic skis don't roll very fast so I didn't get up too much speed, just a few kp/h :-)
The other climb is all uphill, steep in some places but good on classic ski as you have the ratchet - on skating skis I'm not powerful enough to climb very far.

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Post by Pat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 am

I do the same -- I'd far rather take the skis off and walk/jog down a steep section, or one that has cars parked, then take the chance of wiping out. The brake on my classics does work well but no need to tempt fate...

Hope everyone is well and healthy.

Pat

Neuro
World Cup

Post by Neuro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Must say I felt very vulnerable without brakes on the borrowed skis having always used them on my Jenex. Not nice at all, even if I purposefully chose a flatter route. I will definitely get brakes if I change. The new type that attaches to the shoe will allow me to go for the Swenor or other brands, so that's nice. (should help with ski balance too).

Neuro
World Cup

Post by Neuro » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Neuro wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:09 am
First time trying classics. Was struck how the wheels are not flat so you have to balance on a point.
trotro wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:14 am
I didn't find the rollerski classic "round" wheels too bad to use - I guess they do that so you can turn?
Maybe not having flat wheels might have something to do with resistance and bumpiness? The latest designs (from FF Rollersskis) seems to have countered this with a type of 'split' wheel and a fork dampening system: Image