rolling in the heat

Moderator: Moderator Group

Phil
xcskiforum 20K

rolling in the heat

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:12 am

It's 34 celsius (= around 94 Fahrenheit), the sun is burning and no shadows anywhere - and that's just a bit too warm for rollerskiing really. Had to make some drinking stops and lost a couple of pounds I am sure...

enevala
World Cup

Re: rolling in the heat

Postby enevala » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:02 am

Phil wrote:It's 34 celsius (= around 94 Fahrenheit), the sun is burning and no shadows anywhere - and that's just a bit too warm for rollerskiing really. Had to make some drinking stops and lost a couple of pounds I am sure...

I've found that overheating impacts my balance somewhat. I've had some of my worst crashes when its been super hot out. If its that warm out and I need to get a workout in, I'll load up the camelback and ride.

Phil
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 pm

I do have the same problem. as I suffer from multiple sclerosis on bad days or when it's too hot, I do have problems with balance and coordination. but I notice this quite soon and often will stop and turn back.

DghSpanishWelsh
xcskiforum 10K

Re: rolling in the heat

Postby DghSpanishWelsh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

I spent a couple of weeks in Almeria (southern Spain) last summer, as I do most years. Temperature regularly hits those numbers. I go out early, avoids the worst of the heat and the traffic. But I like rollerskiing in hot weather, esp as I get breathing problems in the cold.

My route was along the long straight seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-NvQ6VJYtE

Return to “Roller Skis”