Jenex XL 125S roller skis. (Question about bindings)

Moderator: Moderator Group

Nordic~Xium
xcskiforum 10K

Jenex XL 125S roller skis. (Question about bindings)

Postby Nordic~Xium » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Does anyone know if you can just switch sns bindings off of a pair of these roller skis without having to drill new holes for NNN bindings? I bought a pair recently and would like to switch to NNN bindings only if you don't have to drill new holes.

Thanks

enevala
World Cup

Re: Jenex XL 125S roller skis. (Question about bindings)

Postby enevala » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 am

Nordic~Xium wrote:Does anyone know if you can just switch sns bindings off of a pair of these roller skis without having to drill new holes for NNN bindings? I bought a pair recently and would like to switch to NNN bindings only if you don't have to drill new holes.

Thanks

I had this done on a pair of "new to me" skis a couple of years ago, and it required drilling to mount the NNN bindings once the pilots were off. I don't know why this would be different for rollerskis. I think the NNN and the SNS jigs are different enough that the holes do not overlap or interfere with each other. It shouldn't cause any structural problems for the ski.

Nordic~Xium
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Nordic~Xium » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Alrighty, thank you.

Phil
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am

as far as I know it would need new drilling, but this should be no problem. you could fill the holes with epoxy or resin.

cratermaker
xcskiforum 10K

Postby cratermaker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 am

I believe that the hole pattern is the same, but that if you use it it puts the pivot point in a different place on a ski, so you have to redrill.

i would not bother on a roller ski: just use the same holes. I did this on some second hand rollers that had NNN bindings and I fitted Salomon Pilot bindings into the same holes, no problems.

addseo1115
xcskiforum 10K

Postby addseo1115 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 pm

you have to redrill.

จีคลับ

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Fri May 27, 2016 12:06 pm

addseo1115 wrote:you have to redrill.

จีคลับ

Now with the introduction of the Prolink binding system this switch is very easy and requires no drilling since the NNN-compatible Prolink binding uses the same screw hole pattern and balance point relation as SNS.

Return to “Roller Skis”