Roller ski Brake

Moderator: Moderator Group

joe309647
xcskiforum 10K

Roller ski Brake

Postby joe309647 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 am

Bought a pair of Pursuit roller skis from the Roller ski shop on-line. I ordered the optional brake with the skis which is quite a bit different than the normal foot actuated brakes on most skis. This brake has a hand lever that you pull up. The cord attaches to your waist and is flexible to a certain degree. Bottom line is that it is awesome. I'd highly reccommend it and I've used alot of other brakes out there. They have a video on the website as well. Check out www.rollerskishop.com

davidb
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Roller ski Brake

Postby davidb » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am

My view re. Rollerski Shop is that those guys are so sharp that they will soon dominate the market. They need to develop a classic ski.

offpiste.reese
xcskiforum 10K

Postby offpiste.reese » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Interested to see if you still like the brakes. I am in the market for brakes and these seemed to be interesting. I like the use of the cord rather than getting in a tele stance, even though I tele ski. Rollerskis are not as stable as a nice fat tele ski.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:20 am

Those Pursuit brakes are interesting, never seen them before. Should be nice for long descents compared to leg brake which forces you to stand in a telemark position, although maybe not as immediate for emergency braking since I assume it will take a bit of time to look for the strap first.

The other brakes I've seen are:

Leg brake: Both Jenex and Ski Skett have a similar universal model that I believe can be mounted on any ski. Jenex also has custom brakes for their own skis which are mounted on the fork. This is supposedly slightly better than the universal type which mounts on the frame, since the binding position will not be compromised.

The third type is wireless electric/hydraulic disc brakes, controlled by a handle on the poles. This is of course much better when wet compared to the other types which use friction to the rubber wheel. The drawback with this type is price and that it only comes with their own ski, and so far that's only aluminum.

skiffrace
xcskiforum 30K

Postby skiffrace » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 am

I think speed reducers are even more useful than brakes. Speed reducers made by Jenex for V2 line work very well (though I think Jenex V2 rollerskis are s%*#t)

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 am

Can confirm the Jenex speed reducers work very well, and is ideal in combination with the footbrake. Even the steepest descents can be negotiated with that, except when it's wet.

Return to “Roller Skis”