BARNETT ROLLER SKIS????

Moderator: Moderator Group

graham
xcskiforum 10K

BARNETT ROLLER SKIS????

Postby graham » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:31 am

I am trying to research this brand of roller skis and I am not finding much.

The name is BARNETT.

Has anyone heard of these? Used them? Known someone who has used them?

Seen them?
http://www.barnettamerica.com/ski/rolle ... dings.html

Thanks,
Graham Glennon
St. Olaf College

Chris
xcskiforum 40K

Re: BARNETT ROLLER SKIS????

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Never heard of them until now. Looks like they are using the same Eastern European manufactured wheels that Pursuit skis use.

One area of interest to me is how they are bonding the shaft to the fork. This would be an area that could be prone to failure if not done well. My other concern would be what happens when you run over something that scratches the underside of the shaft. The stress riser this creates could be a problem with carbon fiber more than aluminum shafts or the plastic on the bottom of Marwes.

So, I don't know if they are good or bad. It would be nice if there was more information on there webpage. It might be good to contact them and see what kind of testing they have done.

Vit
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Vit » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:15 am

I also considered Barnett, but finally decided to stick time-proven marks Swenor equipe r2 and Ski skett cobra.

steener
xcskiforum 20K

Postby steener » Tue May 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm in the market for skate roller skis and for about $208 with bindings, these are very inexpensive. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSE-ENTRY-570-R ... 3385c8f57a

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

I have not tried these rollerskis out. What I can tell you is that I used to distribute ONE WAY Rollerskis. The wheels on these look identical to the ONE WAY wheels which wore out VERY quickly. They can offer different hardness of rubber so it's hard to say for certain what these wheels are like but I think wheels are one of the most important components of the ski. Cheap rollerskis usually come with cheap wheels that wear out fast or completely fail and replacing wheels is the most expensive maintenance. Also I can't be certain but it looks as though the fork is riveted onto the shaft of the rollerski. I have seen a lot of fork failure using this method and I would recommend staying away from a rollerski that uses rivets.
Go with a proven brand for a reason: Marwe, Swenor, V2. If you are looking for a true bargain the owner of rollerskishop will stand by his product.

davidb
xcskiforum 30K

Postby davidb » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:09 am

I've used Rollerski Shop rollerskis for years, and I RS, pretty much year round. I can only compare to ProSki and Marwe, but I prefer Rollerski Shop Pursuits. Absolutely trouble free, and I can't wear out the wheels. Only wish they had a classic model.
Outstanding customer service too.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 30K

Postby dcpattie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:37 am

I have their high modulus carbon poles and light them very much. Super light!
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Return to “Roller Skis”