Roller ski wheel alignment

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Roller ski wheel alignment

Postby Neuro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:00 pm

My Jenex V2 tracks horribly after a couple of incidents as they bend very easily. So far I've been able to rough them back into an approximate state using a ruler held against both front and rear wheel so at least the wheels are pointing in a similar direction, but they are not really aligned to the frame and neither to the vertical line.

Any ideas for how to get a better alignment? I see Rundle Sport has a Maintenance Stand to be used for such, and this device should at least align the wheels to both axis, but can't see how to get the frame in line with the wheels - either axis.

skiffrace
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Roller ski wheel alignment

Postby skiffrace » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I had the same problem, see the thread "Going in a straight line" : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4767

However...
Your model does not seem equipped with the alignment tab like mine.
Keep in mind that wherever the front wheel points, the rest of the ski will follow. Hence, try to tinker with the front wheel (spacers/washers etc) and see if it makes a difference.

TooHeavy
xcskiforum 30K

Postby TooHeavy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 am

Wheel wear effects how the ski tracks also. Switch ski's from one foot to the other to get even wheel wear.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:03 am

Good tip, I've been doing that between every outing.

skiffrace wrote:Your model does not seem equipped with the alignment tab like mine.

Yes it has and that works very well, giving a large degree of adjustment, but only does the front wheel and one axis unfortunately.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (14.92 KiB) Viewed 2254 times

Return to “Roller Skis”