Where do you rollerski?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pat
xcskiforum 20K

Re: Where do you rollerski?

Postby Pat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah I think the roller skis are going to work out. I've been on them three times now with mixed results. I did my normal course near where I work that is a packed dirt path, tried some long hills, and yesterday went out to a flat bike path. For me the flat bike path has worked out best. I'm getting the handle on the "speed reducers." I have found that when trying to do a diagonal stride, it didn't take long before my speed would really build up and I couldn't keep up with the skis. So if it was just double poling, I could have done that with the Skikes I already owned. Doing the long hills was a good workout but it took too long for me recovery wise to walk back down the hill (long steep hills) So yesterday I figured out that if I set the speed reducers up a few notches I was able to keep good form, dig in hard and get the classic ski-like workout that I was after. I'm also happy to say that the roller skis are able to go over most obstacles like sticks, cracks etc, which I am happy about. Thanks again for all the comments and solid advice.

Pat

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:36 am

Nice. Did you get brakes too?

Pat
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Pat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:37 pm

No -- just went with the speed controllers. Seems like there was a mixed bag of advice on brakes and that included the folks who sold me the roller skis. I'll try to use common sense and stay out of harms way.

Pat

Return to “Roller Skis”