How's the season going?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Re: How's the season going?

Postby Neuro » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:43 am

I managed to change tyre by hand using nothing but levers, but it was a PITA and hurt my fingers. It did help to put some soap on the beads though.

The old tube was leaking where the valve is connected, it looks like it had been stretched by not being installed properly. However, I might have made the exact same error as i didn't powder the tube as per recommendation, and now it looks like the valve is at an angle following the fight to put the tyre on...

90 psi 6.2 bar max it says on the tyre, thanks. The pump is great BTW.

I fixed the remaining brake and tightened up all screws so now the skis are ready to go, although one bearing probably needs replacing soon. Quite excited to try them, but of course now I'm getting a cold so will have to wait some days.

Magnus Johansson wrote:The modification consists of cutting away bits of the fork above the shaft directly behind the heel piece of the binding.

Can't do that with the brakes as they are using that area.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 am

Neuro wrote:The old tube was leaking where the valve is connected, it looks like it had been stretched by not being installed properly. However, I might have made the exact same error as i didn't powder the tube as per recommendation, and now it looks like the valve is at an angle following the fight to put the tyre on...

And sure enough, there is a puncture.. :blackeye:

Luckily I got spare tubes, and now bought talcum powder.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:15 am

Finally tried the Aero's and at max air pressure the roll is surprisingly good, but bumps surprisingly noticable..

The skis were slightly back heavy, but I'm used to that, so not too bad. (I could maybe change the binding 'stops' to help with that)

Again, they are nice and light, but they were not aligned properly, which seems to be an issue with most V2's.

Also, one of the wheels seems to have a twisted tube (not the one I changed! ;)) so there was a certain wobble.

All in all I missed the speed of my normal skis, but very good for the purpose. I will try some off-roading soon.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks for the test report, Neuro. When you feel secure on max air pressure, try to lower it a little (e.g 0.5 or 1 bar) for a smoother ride with increased rolling resistance.

Return to “Roller Skis”