Rollerski Length

Moderator: Moderator Group

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Rollerski Length

Postby trotro » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 am

What can people tell me about Rollerski length.

I currently use 530mm - I figured they'd be easy to handle. Is there any advantage to going longer? 610 mm?

davidb
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Rollerski Length

Postby davidb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 am

In my completely unqualified opinion, longer is better. This is based on pretty much nothing but the musings of a aging brain, but I use Rollerskishop's pursuits ( kinda short) and the newer Roillerskishop skis (the ones with the red wire suspension forks) which are longer: the longer skis are much better everywhere. Could be the suspension, but I think it's related to the length. Doubt that this applies to classic, but it's sure possible.

I the reason I use the shorter Pursuits has to do wheel speed, I have faster wheels on these for longer workouts, and the slowest available wheels on the longer skis for intervals.

BTW, I think the slow wheels help reinforce sound technique: If you don't get it right on these things, you're probably going on your nose!

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Re: Rollerski Length

Postby Magnus Johansson » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 am

trotro wrote:What can people tell me about Rollerski length.

I currently use 530mm - I figured they'd be easy to handle. Is there any advantage to going longer? 610 mm?

I use 680 mm at least. That is the shortest wheelbase I can use without having the bindings in front of balance point. I prefer roller skis longer than 700 mm for free style, and longer than 750 mm for classic style.

Return to “Roller Skis”