Johannes Høsflot Klæbo makes custom rollerski with IDT

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Johannes Høsflot Klæbo makes custom rollerski with IDT

Postby Neuro » Thu May 17, 2018 4:54 am

Original article in Norwegian, or through Google Translate.

He wanted a rollerski that's more similar to normal ski on snow in order to get the most out of his summer training, so he has helped develop a ski with 'less grip' than what's available now.

He says they've still to perfect it with the classic ski so that he can do his now famous 'running stride', but that they have with the skate ski, although I don't fully understand what they mean with low grip and skating, but I guess that it washes out more on pushoff. (harder rubber on the side?).

The skis will be pink, but as he says: "It helps when the ski looks good" 8)

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Re: Johannes Høsflot Klæbo makes custom rollerski with IDT

Postby trotro » Tue May 22, 2018 7:44 am

I saw the article but couldn't make head nor tail of it. Are they getting rid of the any return ratchet and adding something that is based on your kick to stop the return, more like a real classic ski? Didn't someone here talk about something similar?

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Thu May 24, 2018 4:12 am

trotro wrote:I saw the article but couldn't make head nor tail of it. Are they getting rid of the any return ratchet and adding something that is based on your kick to stop the return, more like a real classic ski? Didn't someone here talk about something similar?

Yes, it is unclear what they are trying to do. It seems they are developing a new type of ratchet for the classic roller skis that gives a little less grip and that requires the skier to put more pressure on each roller ski when striding or doing the "Kläbo running". The skate roller ski looks very standard with an aluminum shaft with cut-out forks. The only thing that was conspicuous was how far forward the bindings were mounted.

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Postby trotro » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 am

That is a very good idea if they can get it to work, reliably.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 am

It turned out that was just the skating ski. They have now made a Klæbo classic ski as well, but doesn't say what the innovation is.

As expected sales have gone through the roof.

Return to “Roller Skis”