la Feclaz rollerski track, French Bauges

Moderator: Moderator Group

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

la Feclaz rollerski track, French Bauges

Postby trotro » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am

last week I went up to la Feclaz in the Bauges mountains. Set on a highish plateau this is one of the principal winter cross country ski areas and there is also a summer track. I took a bit of video if anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/t3Fq9khstbM

There are five loops: a green flat dumbell around the shooting range, 2 blues, a red and a black. The black has a steep downhill ending in a hairpin but there is a runout past a chalet if you can't make the bend. The loops are well thought out and descents end in climbs so are generally safe to tackle without trying to brake. Entrance is 4.5 euros for adults. The loops total 4.5km but through shaded woods it doesn't get boring to spin around for a couple of hours.

MN Hoser
Ski Forum God

Re: la Feclaz rollerski track, French Bauges

Postby MN Hoser » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 pm

That's so foreign compared to here in the US. It's great to see facilities like that. For comparison, we rollerski on Sundays as a group on local roads. Today was classic, but after about 2:30, my foot was hurting, so I switched to skate. Anyway, about 42 km total. After I say that's dedicated trails are so foreign...on Sat we often get together and rollerski on trails that are general use (running, walking, cycling, skiing), but the trails are not very wide, maybe 3 meters. So I guess not so foreign compared to the US. At least there are no cars.

Jay

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Postby Pat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Yeah that would be sweet to have a place like that. Beats the heck out of school parking lots on the weekend for training.

Pat

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Postby trotro » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:27 pm

This is where I usually rollerski

https://youtu.be/jGcs_tpBCbU

but the Feclaz circuit appeals to me now with the up and down hills. I did about 500 meters of climbing over a couple of hours without feeling it too bad as it was rolling terrain. It is just a bit of a schlepp up there, which is why I hadn't gone before.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:38 pm

That track looks superb with enough but not too much elevation and corners. Tracks like these are coming up regularly here in Norway too, but the one I'm closest too is the Holmenkollen race track here in Oslo but it's not nice since it's a World cup course meaning just steep ups and downs which is just a drag.

Your regular route is extremely scenic although quite trafficked. Do you have brakes?

Return to “Roller Skis”