L.L. Bean outlet stores

Post ski deals here. Retailers welcome.

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

L.L. Bean outlet stores

Postby LewLasher » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:56 pm

This is relevant only to the northeast U.S., where L.L. Bean has its outlet stores. And it's quite possible that not all the outlet stores carry cross-country skiing equipment.

Having said that, I've gotten good deals at the outlet stores in Concord and North Conway, New Hampshire.

Today, the Concord store had 30% off the outlet prices on a limited selection of skis, boots, and bindings. There were some Fischer SC skis for $63, both classic and skating, and a few pairs of Fischer SCS skating skis for $112. I got a set of Rossignol R4 classic bindings for $52.50; the R3 skating bindings would have been $49. (Now, looking at the REI Web site, I see that I got a good deal on the R4 bindings, but that there are other brands of NNN bindings available for less money. I'll ask about that in the equipment forum.)

(I also got a pair of blue corduroy pants for $12.95, which is what I went into the store looking for, so I don't feel like a complete idiot for buying bindings that I perhaps don't really need ...)

Return to “Where are the best deals?”