Hello to everyone!

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Gorf
xcskiforum 10K

Hello to everyone!

Postby Gorf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:13 am

I used to ski a bit in my youth, 30-40 years ago, and this winter I've decided to get back into cross country skiing more regularly for both recreation and fitness. I look forward to reading the forum and posting a bit from time to time.

Thanks in advance to everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience, and also for the opportunity to join this forum.

Happy to be here! 8)

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Hello to everyone!

Postby Pat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 am

Welcome on board! I've gotten lots of great advice from this forum and hope you have the same luck. Stay healthy and strong and see you in the posts.

Pat

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:43 am

Welcome. 8) Were are you at? Do you have groomed trails close by?

Gorf
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Gorf » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm in North Central Midwest US. We have some man-made snow loops ready to ski within an hour or two drive, and once any real snow falls there are many groomed trails.

I also like to ski out the door and on the lake, but until the weather allows, l'll be practicing my "Classic" style on trails while the skaters zoom past!

When I started cross country skiing many years ago these different styles were just starting to emerge. It's interesting to see all the advancement in technique and equipment since then.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”