Hello from Idaho!

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

WildlifeBio
xcskiforum 10K

Hello from Idaho!

Post by WildlifeBio » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello all-

Greetings from Idaho. It took my awhile to successfully set up an account here, but I've enjoyed lurking through various threads over the years. I took a major break from recreational cross-country skiing growing up and have recently returned to it with much enthusiasm! There's a groomed area roughly 45 mins away and many miles of Forest Service roads, farm fields, and even a green belt path right out our front door. 39 years old male, 170#, and 6'5". Two setups at the moment: 210cm Madshus Terrasonic Intelligrips/Rossi X10s for groomed tracks and 189cm Fischer Excursion 88s/Alpina Alaska NNN-BC for forest roads etc.

Looking forward to future discussions!

Pat
xcskiforum 50K

Re: Hello from Idaho!

Post by Pat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:48 am

Welcome and I hope you have a great snow season out West.

Pat

rmattson
Forum Admin

Post by rmattson » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Sorry for the signup trouble, I'm still trying to sort out some issues. Planning to move to a new host in the coming months. Welcome to the group!
Ryan

Neuro
World Cup

Post by Neuro » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:32 am

Welcome! How long is your season typically in Idaho?

WildlifeBio
xcskiforum 10K

Post by WildlifeBio » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks all.

My local groomed area in north-central Idaho (Palouse Divide, with a 3,600' base elevation) was skiable from late December until early April last year. But we had some unusually heavy snowfall in late January and February which helped keep things going. Most of the higher-elevation (and more distant) resorts (e.g. Schweitzer) and backcountry areas tend to have slightly longer seasons. We've only started seeing skiable conditions here within the last week or two.