Noob from Ontario

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

xcskiforum 10K

Noob from Ontario

Postby Noonie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi everyone. I'm an avid cyclist who came across this forum when researching "what to do in the winter months". While I do cycle as often as I can in the winter, I would like to take advantage of the snow this winter and do more xc skiing. I've been about 10 times in the past and have my own equipment. I've only ever tried xc on groomed trails. I would like to do more groomed trails skiing this winter, but I'm hampered by two problems: I usually bike early morning...and in the winter it's dark I use lights on my bike, but with xc skiing the local trails are closed at this time of day; also, I don't like having to drive 45 minutes to the groomed trails in the middle of winter (winter driving...I have a family at home and it eats precious time). I have a moderate interest in learning more about 'cutting my own trails' as I have trails behind my house (hiking/pedestrian trails) as well as close access to sections of the Bruce Trail.

So with that in mind, would be happy to read your suggestions with respect to cutting my own trails, skiing when it's dark, or whatever else you feel like saying 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”