Hello from Canada's far East coast

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Paul
xcskiforum 10K

Hello from Canada's far East coast

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

I guess the standard protocol here is to introduce ones self. I'm Paul and I live in central Newfoundland (Canada) at present.
I started skiing a few years ago (very half assedly), both skate and classic and skied a couple of times a year. I took a year off, moved to France, missed winter. I can back to work here again in September of 2013 and hit last year hard for the skiing. We had phenomenal winter that started in late December and lasted to a week or so into April. I skied 5-6 days a week as our club's trails( http://airportnordic.ca/ )are 3km from where I live. It was the first year that I actually waxed my skis (what an idiot eh?). I classic skied once or twice, but lacked technique to go quick so I focused on skating and then did my first Marathon in early March. Our club then hosted a loppet later the month and I skied 50km in the same I did 40k two weeks prior (2h58minutes).
This year (2014-2015) our snow cover has been weak for here, but I am loving skiing more than ever and getting out as often as conditions allow. . . and drooling over new gear wanties daily.

Montana
World Cup

Re: Hello from Canada's far East coast

Postby Montana » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Welcome Paul,
Winter is too short for most of us here. Hope you can get in some good skiing before the arrival of spring.
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Paul
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
This winter was late starting for us, but hopefully our trails can make it to the end of March.
I read somewhere that Montana, and the western US and Canada in general, have been having a lean winter. Hopefully your season will hold on for a little while longer.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 am

Our winter started good with tons of snow. But a long spell of warm weather and meager snowfalls have not been good to skiing. Many areas reported spring like conditions. Still hard to predict that this will continue. And it is snowing today in the mountains.
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Return to “Introduce Yourself”