Hello!!

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

jstone613
xcskiforum 10K

Hello!!

Postby jstone613 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi, there! I am excited to find this forum on CC skiing...After a twenty year hiatus, I have come back to skiing this year, and what a year it's been!! I live south of Buffalo, NY about 70 miles in Olean, just a few miles from the Pennsylvania border...lots and lots and lots of snow...When I started skiing, my skis were 220 cm Normark hickory skis..l still have them, but I have a split on the one lignostone edge that needs repaired...I am amazed at how few waxable skis are out there these days...Anyhow, it's good to be a part of this group, and I look forward to spending some time here with you...

TooHeavy
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Hello!!

Postby TooHeavy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Welcome. I used to ski in the Allegany Park. They have some great classic trails. Never were any good XC shops in Western NY though , seemed to have to mail order for the racing stuff if you lived in that area.

jstone613
xcskiforum 10K

Postby jstone613 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:15 pm

You are right about the lack of cross country shops around the area...The closest option for me, other than mail order, is Ellicottville, NY. But the focus there is definitely Alpine skiing, with little space dedicated to cross country...Some nice skis for a fair price, but if you want waxable skis, forget about it..I'm probably a dinosaur, but I like skiing waxables, and especially wood waxables..

addseo1115
xcskiforum 10K

Postby addseo1115 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:37 am

Hello, all.
Nice to see you.
I have enjoyed with your great posts.
Thanks for the welcome.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”