Markham Ontario

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Fortunecat500
xcskiforum 10K

Markham Ontario

Postby Fortunecat500 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Hey all, nice to be here been lurking for years, decided to join finally.

Been skiing since i was five, am now 45, so that makes it 40 years now. Geez that sounds like a long damn time.... (although there have been a few dry years in there where i didn't ski at all so i guess that makes me a younger skier ???)

Grew up in N. Ontario and I was a decent junior racer in my day, but i stopped skiing much after high school, discovered beer in university, travelling, eating and got a bit tubby. Went out skiing with my high school racing buddy last year a few times and have the bug again. Getting back in shape, lost a pile of weight, and looking to ski my first race in 20 years this winter.

Aside from that, my main emphasis is trying to get my daughter, who is now 6 to love skiing as much as i do. My fingers are crossed that we get a better ski season here in S. Ontario than we had last year!

Pat
xcskiforum 20K

Re: Markham Ontario

Postby Pat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18 am

Welcome Markham. Yep hope we get more snow this year in Pennsylvania. Good luck getting back in the groove and stay healthy.

Pat

TooHeavy
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Markham Ontario

Postby TooHeavy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:44 am

Welcome back to ski racing. The schedule is up for southern ontario. Go onto cross country ontario web site and click on SOD. Good luck out there.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”