Markham Ontario

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Fortunecat500
xcskiforum 10K

Markham Ontario

Post by Fortunecat500 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Hey all, nice to be here been lurking for years, decided to join finally.

Been skiing since i was five, am now 45, so that makes it 40 years now. Geez that sounds like a long damn time.... (although there have been a few dry years in there where i didn't ski at all so i guess that makes me a younger skier ???)

Grew up in N. Ontario and I was a decent junior racer in my day, but i stopped skiing much after high school, discovered beer in university, travelling, eating and got a bit tubby. Went out skiing with my high school racing buddy last year a few times and have the bug again. Getting back in shape, lost a pile of weight, and looking to ski my first race in 20 years this winter.

Aside from that, my main emphasis is trying to get my daughter, who is now 6 to love skiing as much as i do. My fingers are crossed that we get a better ski season here in S. Ontario than we had last year!

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Markham Ontario

Post by Pat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18 am

Welcome Markham. Yep hope we get more snow this year in Pennsylvania. Good luck getting back in the groove and stay healthy.

Pat

TooHeavy
xcskiforum 30K

Re: Markham Ontario

Post by TooHeavy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:44 am

Welcome back to ski racing. The schedule is up for southern ontario. Go onto cross country ontario web site and click on SOD. Good luck out there.