Hi all

Who are you?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Hi all

Postby Neuro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:33 am

Skiing with the family during winter vacations in the mountain every year when I was a kid and youngster, but didn't like much it since my dear mum was not a believer in wax of any sort and neither had the insight that old wooden skis needed tarring, so the (soon to be) way-too-short skis with rounded edges soaked and picked up ice/snow or slid backward when colder. Still pushed my sister and I ~10km in the mountain every day.

Despite the grind, the magic of the winter mountain and woods stayed with me and some of the nature moments from that time are still the dearest I have.

Finally got some glass fiber skis from my uncle so late pre-teen years was out almost every day after school for long trips with a buddy and a thermos of tea. (ah the feeling of being in such rude shape..)

Moved to the tropics after that and coming back later busy with other things, only occasionally getting out on borrowed skis, but changeable conditions, poor waxing and equipment didn't do much for the enjoyment.

Now settled with family I decided to pick it up for real, and it's been my big thing for years and likely going to stay so from here on.

Doing skating only to avoid the ever changing wax conditions here around the city, but now that I'm used to it much prefer the style and speed that comes with it anyway. (will get a pair of classic mohair classic skis for those icy days that will damage the skate skis though)

Rollerskiing (also skating only) during the off season, which, with current climatic condition is a long one..

Anyway, this seems like a nice community so happy to join the discussions of all things XC with you all. :)

Thanks to Rmattson for running the site.
Attachments
0005.jpg
0005.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 2267 times

Montana
World Cup

Re: Hi all

Postby Montana » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:34 am

Welcome Neuro. Keep loving winter!
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Cheers. I see from your profile you were skating in the 80s already which is of course very cool indeed. 8)

rmattson
Forum Admin

Postby rmattson » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks and welcome!
Ryan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”