(Wis) 2010 Levis Mound

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, U.P., Illinois, Iowa

Moderator: Moderator Group

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

(Wis) 2010 Levis Mound

Postby smeurett » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 am

The trail has been groomed almost every day since Christmas and conditions could hardly be better. CLassic tracks are a bit shallow in places, but overall very good. Skate lane is awesome! Perfect corduroy everywhere. Two sets of wolf tracks crossed the Flatlander abd Moundbounder trails-what massive prints!

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Postby smeurett » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 am

Where were all the skiers today? Predicted cold didn't happen, so we had a nice sunny mid teen day and about the most perfect snow ever here. Skate lane was beauty corduroy and tracks looked hard. Snow hangin on trees-just beautiful!

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

12/12/10 conditions at Levis Mound

Postby smeurett » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 am

Started grooming in a blizzard around 5:00am Saturday. Used the Grizzly pulling our new leveling drag to flatten out some of our bumpy trails. It pulled a ton of snow, but I figured it was de-airing and turning it over, so all was good. We had about 5" Of new snow to work with. The drag worked great! It didn't leave a finished product of course, big berms on the side, but I was happy with it knocking things down. Three passes on every trail and by the third pass I had 2 more inches of snow. We were getting 2" per hour at times! We never get this kind of snow! After 5 hrs, we took the G2 out (it's back in business) and it laid out a great finished surface-which didn't matter, no one could get to the trail anyway, all roads were shut down. After finishing, we got another 6-8" later in the day. We knew this would be a double or triple grooming storm to get it all packed. Today, we have high winds, but the trail is all forested. We'll have to pack with the skandics first I think, then start pulling drags.

Should be great condiotns for skate and classic in a day or two!

Return to “Midwest”