MN-Twin Cities

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, U.P., Illinois, Iowa

Moderator: Moderator Group

MN Hoser
Ski Forum God

MN-Twin Cities

Postby MN Hoser » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Trollhaugen (bad news?)
I skied at Trollhaugen this morning. (WI) It was actually really nice skiing but that's the last time the xc folks get to ski on the downhill slopes before the place opens in the morning. As of this weekend, they're going to confine the xc skiers to the xc area, and they haven't covered the xc area with snow....except for a 100 ft little climb and a field. It'll be interesting to see if they rope off some of the alpine area for the xc folks, otherwise it's a waste of time driving up there. The xc folks really could have used a couple more weekends on the alpine snow. Also, it looks like they're doing some logging by the tubing hill and I heard from one of the coaches out there that they're not going to open that hill this year. I fear that without the xc proponent (Rollie) out there this year, Trollhaugen won't see any way to make money off xc skiers.

Green Acres (good news)
I swung by Green Acres on the way home and they made some snow. The good news is they appeared to be snowing in the xc area first and not the tubing hill. Cool (and surprising). I think Green Acres is embracing xc skiers thanks to Ben.

Jay

enevala
World Cup

Re: MN-Twin Cities

Postby enevala » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Also....It sounds like Elm Creek snow-making loop is partially open as of today, so that option is open as well. No confirmed word on Theo Wirth yet.

Eric

Return to “Midwest”