SD - Anyone ever hear of "Wharf Resources" in northern Black Hills?

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, U.P., Illinois, Iowa

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

SD - Anyone ever hear of "Wharf Resources" in northern Black Hills?

Postby LewLasher » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am

I am considering going to an adaptive ski event this coming winter in the northern Black Hills region of South Dakota.

The lodging will be in the town of Deadwood. The alpine skiing will be at a ski area called Terry Peak in the town of Lead. But I can't quite figure out where the cross-country trails are. They refer to the location as "Wharf Resources" but I can't find any other reference to it, other than on a snowmobile trail map.

Does anyone have any clue as to what they might be referring to?

Thanks,

Lew
P.S. I realize that, technically, South Dakota is not designated for discussion in the Midwest forum, but it was the closest forum that I could find.

LewLasher
World Cup

Re: SD - Anyone ever hear of "Wharf Resources" in northern Black Hills?

Postby LewLasher » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:34 pm

I've abandoned the idea of going to this event in South Dakota, having decided to go instead to a different adaptive ski event (Ski For Light Canada), where there is a real ski area: Sovereign Lake, in British Columbia.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 am

Very nice event and Sovereign Lake looks a top spot with interesting and undulating track.

Have you done this kind of guiding of the visually impaired before?

LewLasher
World Cup

Postby LewLasher » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Neuro wrote:Have you done this kind of guiding of the visually impaired before?

Yes. I started a topic, in the "General Discussion" forum, about "adaptive" programs, which I''m hoping you can get to using the following link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1781

The Ski For Light programs were inspired by the "Ridderrennet" program in Norway.

Since I started as a ski guide, about 5 years ago, I haven't kept up with the other adaptive programs, and now I'm focusing on the blind/visually-impaired stuff. I find it easier, because I don't have to push anyone in a sled. Most of what I have to do is talk, which comes easy to me.

I also started learning braille, which lends a whole new dimension to visiting elevators and public restrooms. And my newest project is making "audio description" for movies and television projects. My goal for this winter is to "describe" all the episodes in the first season (1959-1960) of "The Twilight Zone."

Return to “Midwest”