Levis Mound, Neillsville, WI

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, U.P., Illinois, Iowa

Moderator: Moderator Group

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Levis Mound, Neillsville, WI

Postby smeurett » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:51 pm

We're in business again for 2008-groomed sat Dec 6th and with the 6" of snow we recieved last night, the Skandics will be out in force today (Dec. 9th) Tracks will be set if conditions allow.
:)

Mik
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Mik » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Sweet!! Gotta come down sometime this season and check out the trails....

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

dec. 10th update

Postby smeurett » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:51 am

The trail was groomed up by G2 and a Ginzu last night and it turned out perfect. There is 7" of new powder on the ground and we were able to set really great tracks along with a perfect skate lane. Some hunters had been in walking on the trail, as the antlerless season is still going on thru the weekend but hopefully they will respect the trail grooming.

A reminder that the new website is www.levismound.com

Steve
steve@levismound.com

Mosspiglet
xcskiforum 10K

Re: dec. 10th update

Postby Mosspiglet » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 pm

So is it safe to ski this fri and sat. or will I get my head blown off cause I dont have antlers? Maybe I should wear antlers?

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Re: dec. 10th update

Postby smeurett » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:04 am

Mosspiglet wrote:So is it safe to ski this fri and sat. or will I get my head blown off cause I dont have antlers? Maybe I should wear antlers?

Oh....I'd use some old toe straps and tie on some antlers....that was pretty funny!
Actually, Muzzleloader was open last weekend and there were only one set of hunter tracks on the Levis/Trow Mound trails....and those were Sunday (on freshly groomed trails!! RRRRR) I highly doubt it will be an issue-I'll be skiing (without antlers!)

Steve

Mosspiglet
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Mosspiglet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:51 am

My girlfriend has a set of little costume antlers somewhere, those could come in handy for skiing this wkend ... just in case ....

I guess we'll have to fite over who gets to wear them, but whoever gets em may have to help haul the other ones carcass out of the woods ...

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Dec 18th Conditions

Postby smeurett » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:42 am

3" of fresh snow fell yesterday and that is now combed cordory=perfect skating conditions. New new set tracks until after the snow tonight. EVerything will be re-groomed Friday.

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Dec 31st

Postby smeurett » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:13 am

Wow.....best looking trail conditions ever! The new powder we got really groomed up nicely and both skate and classic conditions were perfect. Sure was a Start green day there=not a lot of glide on that fresh cold snow. Chalet wasn't too busy-just a small family reunion going on and a few skiers.

fishskicanoe
xcskiforum 40K

Postby fishskicanoe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:10 pm

As of right now, we're (my 11 year old son and I) planning on being down there tomorrow.
Snow snow snow!

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Postby smeurett » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Great!!! I skied today and it was SOOO much faster (skating) no more Start Green!!! Tracks are rock solid.....enjoy your ski-I'm headed the wrong direction-to Lamphan Peak for a Spec Oly training camp!

kuan
Ski Forum God

Postby kuan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Are there any really good places to eat in the area?

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Postby smeurett » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:22 am

kuan wrote:Are there any really good places to eat in the area?

My favorite is just south 3 miles in Hatfield, called the Stones Throw. Tim and Lana, who run the place are super friendly and the food is great. Tim coooks and usually has something different on special beyond the typical Wisconsin supper club fair. Friendly place, nice bar and dining area and good value for the money. Open later afternoon/evenings.
For beer/burger, try the depot bar in Merrillian ( 8 miles west on Hwy 95) turn north on Hwy 12/27 and it's a block or so ahead. The Mug in Hatfield is also a bar with beer/burgers etc-just east of the hwy K&E intersection on the south side of Hatfield.

kuan
Ski Forum God

Postby kuan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:01 pm

I decided to stay in town instead and do some things I never get to do. Like visit the museum for one. :) It was nice sans kid.

It sounds like a great place to ski. One of these days I'll make it up there, maybe hang out in Wausau for a bit. I like my creature comforts too much. I can't ski all day and I can't go without lattes.

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Jan 10th conditions

Postby smeurett » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 am

Skied this morning-wow...great. Skating was fast even tho it was -4. Tracks were in nice shape also. Trail was groomed last night and looked so good!

smeurett
xcskiforum 30K

Jan 17-18th

Postby smeurett » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 am

Great skiing here this weekend. Just kept slowly snowing all day Saturday, so good thing the earlier in the week snow had been groomed. Beauty day! Sunday-fresh re-grooming, super tracks set and skate lane was firmed up by noon. Couldn't have been better skiing.

Return to “Midwest”