VT - Stowe - 2009-2010

New England States, NY and anyplace else east of the Mississippi

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

Still skiable

Postby LewLasher » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 pm

I skied at Trapp's today. Conditions were, well, idiosyncratic: ice in the morning and slush in the afternoon. Still, it was surprising how well the trails are holding up. Someone at the cabin said that the Stowe Mt Resort trails are still in decent shape, too.

Afterwards, I went to the end-of-season meeting of the local ski club, the Stowe Nordic Outing Club. One of the club members, it turns out, was born in Bermuda, and so he managed to get a slot on the Bermudan Olympic team at the recent Vancouver games. In fact, he was the only member of the Bermudan Olympic team. He had an interesting perspective on the Olympics. For example, he was impressed by the large support staff for the ski teams of the larger countries. He had to share a waxing room with Argentina and Moldova. On the other hand, he did very well in pin collecting, because he was able to trade his rare and therefore much-sought-after Bermudan pins. (I'm not really doing justice to his presentation, but, since I'm not really into racing, those were the only details I can remember.)

Return to “NorthEast”