CT XC Ski

New England States, NY and anyplace else east of the Mississippi

Moderator: Moderator Group

the_doctor
xcskiforum 10K

CT XC Ski

Postby the_doctor » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Apparently there is some snow in CT! More snow is coming this winter. Does anyone know of some good places for XC skiing in CT? BC or XC resort? I am looking for intermediate level trails. I'm headed for CT in the next few weeks.

thanks
bill

LewLasher
World Cup

Not in, but near, Connecticut

Postby LewLasher » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm

the_doctor wrote:Does anyone know of some good places for XC skiing in CT? BC or XC resort?

I don't really know the answer to your question. My impression is that there are not a lot of XC trails in Connecticut, but that people do ski, when possible, in parks and on bikepaths and what not.

If you are going to be in the Hartford area, though, it may be worth your while to drive up to the Northfield Mountain cross-country area in Northfield, Massachusetts. Northfield is near the MA/NH border, and just east of the Connecticut River, so it's easy to get to from I-91. (I-91 north to Mass route 2 east to Mass route 63 north.) They have about 40 km of very well-designed, groomed trails.

bdonner
xcskiforum 10K

Postby bdonner » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:27 am

I have not been there, but check out Winding Trails

If conditions here in Mass are any indicator, I'm guessing skiing in CT will be great as well. This has been a a great winter, with more snow coming tomorrow.

bill[/url]

the_doctor
xcskiforum 10K

Postby the_doctor » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Northfield is kind of out of the way. I would like to go there at some point. I have not tried Notchview, either.

I am going to try Winding Trails. I am looking at the maps. CT has a listing of parks with XC ski trails. Apparently RI actually GROOMS trails in a park called Pulaski State Park.

thanks
bill

worm-rider
xcskiforum 20K

Postby worm-rider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I just found about this place: Northwest Park in Windsor, CT - looks like not much trail, but it's something.

worm-rider
xcskiforum 20K

Postby worm-rider » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Has anyone here skied Pulaski State Park in RI? It's about 45 minutes from me and I may have to check it out soon.

Well - I'll answer my own question. I went there Thursday with my daughter and the pulk. Pretty horrible conditions - every thing is ice, but we saw enough to get a feel for the the place. Looks like a nice little trail system. I'll definitely go back after we get some more snow.

Return to “NorthEast”