Windblown 2014-2015

New England States, NY and anyplace else east of the Mississippi

Moderator: Moderator Group

n1ey
xcskiforum 10K

Windblown 2014-2015

Postby n1ey » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:20 am

Good morning to all!

I have created a new account on XCSkiForum. I used to be on here, previously. My name is Bill. I am from the area south of Boston.

Has anyone gone to Windblown? They had a great opening day in the last week of November! I am looking forward to seeing it open, again. On opening day they had lots of snow. They did not groom the traverse on the Barlett Mountain. I cut fresh trails through 6" of powder. The Zig Zag and the East Side Climb were open.

It was fantastic. IF anyone is going up and wants to car pool, then let me know.

Bill

LewLasher
World Cup

4 Feb 2015

Postby LewLasher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

I skied at Windblown yesterday. Conditions were excellent.

If I were to go looking for trouble, the bottom of East Side Climb was a little sketchy, with only a few inches of powder over an icy base. But the black trails were in good shape above East View Crossover. The topmost section of the Open Slope wasn't groomed, though.

Temperatures stayed just barely below freezing (their thermometer read 30° F.) so conditions should be great through this weekend.

LewLasher
World Cup

18 Feb 2015

Postby LewLasher » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Skied again at Windblown today. Conditions still very good. Black trails groomed, of which the best was East Side Drop.

Return to “NorthEast”