Never ending winter

CO, UT, MT, NM, WY, ID

Moderator: Moderator Group

Glacier Glide
xcskiforum 20K

Never ending winter

Postby Glacier Glide » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:53 am

Woke up to a dusting of snow here in the Flathead Valley in Western Montana. The weatherman says we may get 2-7" of snow over the weekend! Guess I will not be riding my bike this weekend.
Cheers.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Looks like the east side got substantially more. Probably some great powder skiing up near Marias Pass. Hope to check it out this week.
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Glacier Glide
xcskiforum 20K

Cold but now snow.

Postby Glacier Glide » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Ralph,

The weatherman dropped the ball>>>darn! No snow here today. Woke up to 20 degree weather with wind. Climbing season might come a little late this year.

Jeff

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 am

Bud Iszler, Denis and Shirley Twohig and I hiked up Elk Mountain on April 13th. Snow in the forest was 3-4 feet. Snow on the mountain was 2-3 feet with only a few grassy areas showing where the wind and sun do their thing. We used snowshoes about 90% of the time. Bud and I did the same hike March 29 2007 and walked the entire way with no snowshoes. After this weeks cold weather snow melt looks to be about 4 weeks behind last year. We'll get more ice axe work for sure. The boarders that hang out at the Two Medicine Grill in East glacier are lovin' it!
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Return to “Rockies”