la Feclaz / le Revard in France northern Alps (Saturday)

Europe

Moderator: Moderator Group

Ken Roberts
xcskiforum 40K

la Feclaz / le Revard in France northern Alps (Saturday)

Postby Ken Roberts » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Great day of skating, lots of people out, Sharon a good time classic striding on no-wax skis. Saw several cars from department Ain in the parking lot, so glad some Jura folks got rewarded for driving south. Overcast gray down in the valley, but glorious clear sunshine up on the Bauges plateau for skiing.

Snow depth on all the trails I skied (which was lots) was amazingly good -- looks like la Feclaz is set up to endure the current weather mode and deliver fun skiing for lots more days. The only trail I normally ski which was closed was a one section of the Grand Teppe.

Just a few icy sections, but of course the upside for skating is that it was fast, so I attacked all my favorite hills. We started around 10:30, and Sharon reported she sometimes had a little trouble getting good grip for classic until it warmed up a more.

Took the Switz autoroute south thru Geneva, then the A41 to exit 14 for Gresy-sur-Aix, then just followed the obvious signs for "le Revard", parked at Revard/Crolles (not Revard Station)

La Feclaz trail network felt just as fun + interesting as ever.

Ken

Return to “Europe”