Looks Like It'll be Time to Trade the Skis For the Bike Soon

Something for summer

Moderator: Moderator Group

XCSKIBUM
xcskiforum 20K

Looks Like It'll be Time to Trade the Skis For the Bike Soon

Postby XCSKIBUM » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:19 pm

From the looks of the 10 day forecast it will be time to get back on the pedals soon.

I hate that transition period when it rains for 3 days then turnes cold for 3 more.

I was just getting enough confidence on my new BC skis to really have some fun.

I'm wishing for one more dump of powder in the northern Adirondacks.
Is that wax in your pocket or are you happy to be XC skiing?

SkiNut
xcskiforum 10K

Postby SkiNut » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Its a sad, sad thing... I was already forced to bike here in IL.

Its snowing now, but I know it won't last, Which makes it really depressing.

PortlandORXCER
xcskiforum 50K

Postby PortlandORXCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey, how is the cycling in upstate NY? I've been curious about that area for a while now.

I have the best of both worlds. I can ride all winter long here in town (although a lot of winter riding is in the rain) and if I want to ski, I can drive up to the snow (which is pretty much guaranteed from Dec thru April) but the downside is the 75-90 minute drive.

XCSKIBUM
xcskiforum 20K

Postby XCSKIBUM » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm

PortlandORXCER wrote:Hey, how is the cycling in upstate NY? I've been curious about that area for a while now.

I have the best of both worlds. I can ride all winter long here in town (although a lot of winter riding is in the rain) and if I want to ski, I can drive up to the snow (which is pretty much guaranteed from Dec thru April) but the downside is the 75-90 minute drive.

I live in the St Lawrence Valley. I can ride up into the Adirondacks in the AM & have an easy, downhill ride home in the afternoon.

I bought a Specialized Crosstrail hybrid that has a mechanical lock out fork. it does well on the hi-way & also does admirably on the lighter duty trails. There are several miles of abondoned RR beds in my immediate area that are being used as snowmobile/ATVbike trails.

There are also many mile of more technical trails in the area. I have my FS MTB for those.
Is that wax in your pocket or are you happy to be XC skiing?

Return to “Biking”