Call for tasteless Wisconsin-based humor

Anything goes, politics, jokes, etc

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

Once you get the background, the jokes just write themselves

Postby LewLasher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:33 pm

fishskicanoe wrote:He has installed two developers as head of our DNR. I'm sure that the XC trails will be taking a disproportionate hit as will silent sports in general, as the only outdoor experience our new DNR head has is as a snowmobiler.

Spectator #1: Oh, look! There goes the Republican team.

Spectator #2: How could you tell?

Spectator #3: It was obvious! They were the ones racing down the Birkie trail on snowmobiles!

LewLasher
World Cup

That went well

Postby LewLasher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I was hoping that Bruce Vilanch might come in to rescue this topic, but he's probably about to head off on vacation now.

It's so hard to tell what's really going on, now that the regime has imposed a gag order on all media other than XCSkiForum. But a little birdie told me of a rumor that armed badgers have taken over the Birkie trail to conduct an unsanctioned biathlon event. The Security Council is considering sanctions, but that only makes everyone confused as to whether the event would then be sanctioned.

In any event, I end with my best wishes to the people of Wisconsin, still in the Land of the Free, if no longer the Home of the Braves.

lkm
xcskiforum 40K

Postby lkm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Don't lock down this thread or other political threads, please. People should be able to engage in spirited conversation and/or debate even though there hasn't been much on this site. Also, there's no harm in humor even in serious situations, in my opinion.

Why do people have to politicize every event? One of the reasons I go skiing is to have a brief escape from political arguments and other concerns. (I am a political junkie who follows it daily). I expected some of the protesting to be present at the Birkie (since the XC ski community tends to be liberal). I saw one guy with a Korte bib inside-out, with signs covering it front and back criticizing Scott Walker. I wish the race officials would disqualify people doing things like this, since he clearly wasn't displaying the bib number on the front or back and I assume this is against the rules. If it wasn't necessary, they wouldn't go through the expense of giving everyone a bib. Somebody also said that the coverage on WOJB during the race seemed to be talking more about this than the race.

donpollari
xcskiforum 50K

Postby donpollari » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 pm

There's serious shiizen going down all across the nation and Wisconsin is at the forefront of it.

The Republican party has been taken over by corporate extremists and they're waging war against the middle class. I'm currently reading "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein. The idealogy that walker and almost all current Republicans follow of is from the University of Chicago school of economics and was popularized by Milton Friedman. Ronny Raygun was it's pioneer and you can identify it anytime and anywhere when you see the three following principles in action:

1. Complete deregulation of business.
2. Privatization of EVERYTHING
3. Dismantling of public services.

This form of rampant capitalism concentrates extreme wealth into the hands of the very few and destroys the middle class.

We live in a corporatocracy and it's truly horrible to see this happening.

LewLasher
World Cup

I guess, if you have to explain it, it isn't funny

Postby LewLasher » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 am

donpollari wrote:We live in a corporatocracy and it's truly horrible to see this happening.

I don't get the joke.

donpollari
xcskiforum 50K

Postby donpollari » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am

Wisconsin is no longer Wisconsin, take your pick of the following:

- wisconsissippi

- wisconsitucky

- wisconsistan

:roll:

T-Pines
xcskiforum 20K

Postby T-Pines » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:25 am

donpollari wrote:Wisconsin is no longer Wisconsin, take your pick of the following:

- wisconsissippi

- wisconsitucky

- wisconsistan

:roll:

I like #3 and offer the following modification: Cheesegurgistan

Return to “Way Off Topic”