Please feel very sorry for me :-(

Anything goes, politics, jokes, etc

Moderator: Moderator Group

squawky
xcskiforum 10K

Please feel very sorry for me :-(

Postby squawky » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 am

I live in England where there is zero snow and my family have just booked and paid for a holiday to Sauze d'Oulz at Easter where there were supposed to be xc trails but it turns out they are nowhere near, possibly too low down, and a car drive away. As I am solo, have to meet kids after ski school, and also do not have access to a car this means I have to spend the whole time watching the plank wearers. As you can imagine I am gutted as I can't go elsewhere and I am not good enough to go downhill on my xc skis, no way. I have problems with my pelvis which make downhill out of track a big no no.
The worst of it is, the resort was listed as having cross country in the brochure.
I know you people will understand my anguish. :-(

kuan
Ski Forum God

Re: Please feel very sorry for me :-(

Postby kuan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 am

Man that stinks :( Can't you rent a car? Aren't there trails in Scotland somewhere?
Support http://www.mattliebsch.com

Pie. It just fills the cracks of the heart - Paul Blart

squawky
xcskiforum 10K

Postby squawky » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Thank you for your kind words !
It is quite a long drive round the other side of the mountains but we are in discussion with the holiday company as they use the same phrase to describe the facilities at Seefeld in Tirol where there is world class xc ! Just got new skis as well. :x
Just shows how UK companies treat us langlaufers, I am all for emigrating. Scotland is nice but not easy to get to quickly and conditions very unpredictable even for downhill.

osloskier
xcskiforum 40K

Postby osloskier » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

If the brochure says there are XC trails and there are none, can't you demand to get a different destination or a partial refund?

squawky
xcskiforum 10K

Postby squawky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 am

We tried to look for somewhere else but because of the time of year we need to be up high and because it still had to be with the same company everywhere suitable was either booked or too expensive. If it was just me going, I would go to Norway instead but with three alpine skiiers, one of whom would quail at Norwegian beer prices, and two of whom need a ski school, it needs to be Sauze this time.
Husband is busy setting up our usual January jaunt to Seefeld for next year so will look forward to that.

To add insult to injury,somone on Snowheads Uk forum has just referred to us langlaufers as freaks ! In a forum where my husband was trying to get info for me for this trip !

Definitley emigrating to more langlauf friendly climes inthe future.

Return to “Way Off Topic”