The Holmenkollen organist

Anything goes, politics, jokes, etc

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

The Holmenkollen organist

Postby Neuro » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:16 pm

If you look at Holmenkollen ski arena in Oslo, Norway, you will see a chapel right next to it. The track goes right beside it. In that chapel works an organist called Petter Amundsen who is also an amateur cryptographer.

During his reading of Shakespeare he came across some anomalies that he started to investigate, and what he found is to me simply mind blowing.

Basically that Francis Bacon was the real author but fronted by Shakespeare as part of a secret rosicrucian sociological project. He even decoded a map pointing to a location where the all the secrets, including the original manuscripts and even some sacred templar artifacts from Jerusalem were buried.

Truly fascinating. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaOoPOd9BMc

EIDT: Here is a full length documentary, but this is before the finds on Oak Island: https://vimeo.com/94648237
Last edited by Neuro on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

skiffrace
xcskiforum 50K

Re: The Holmenkollen organist

Postby skiffrace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 pm

There are images of Jesus or Holy Mary appearing in all kinds of unexpected places all over the world: rock formations, ice formations, light filtering through church window at mass time, cloud formations, many of others. Do you believe Divinity is their source?

How about this one?

Home Sapiens have the propensity to find patterns everywhere, even/usually in places where patterns do not exist. Combine this with the romantic legend of Rosicrucians (Knight Templars/Illuminati/Free Masons/Elders of Zion etc etc.) and "discoveries" like this are ready to pop-out.

Bacon is a modern, extremely well documented figure. So if Shakespeare. Bacon had his hands full working on his scientific and philosophical works, and his superbly organized mind had different qualities than creative genius of Shakespeare.

Change the description of Petter Amundsen from "amateur cryptographer" to "semi-professional conspiracy theorist" and you will understand what this is about.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 am

That's unfair and uncalled for. Just because some conspiracy theories are wrong and that people are gullible, doesn't mean that there aren't any big secrets or conspiracies. On a massive scale too. Just take religion. All of them can't be true at the same time which means most of them has to be a conspiracy. It's undeniable. So denying possible conspiracies out of hand like you do here, is IMO being just as naive as anything else.

In this case, the map that is found in the book reveals hard undeniable evidence on the ground.

Even if the shutters are completely on to protect your beliefs, it's still a fantastic story. Much better than any Dan Brown novel.
Last edited by Neuro on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 am

Here is a full length documentary, but this is before the finds on Oak Island: https://vimeo.com/94648237

skiffrace
xcskiforum 50K

Postby skiffrace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:04 am

Shakespeare has been one of the most studied persons in history, his life and works analyzed in details by lots of people who spent their careers on doing so.
But here, an "amateur" claims to have found something that scores of professionals missed.
Really?

>>Even if the shutters are completely on to protect your beliefs
The thing is, I have no beliefs. I look at the existing evidence and carefully form hypothesis.
In matters I know little about I follow the opinion of established experts - in this case Shakespearean scholars.

>>it's still a fantastic story. Much better than any Dan Brown novel.
I've read all Dan Brown's novels. Furthermore, I have read the "Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Blood_and_the_Holy_Grail, a book Brown based his "Da Vinci code" on.

"The Holy Blood' is a fascinating read.
While reading it, even a die-hard scientist may start to believe that Jesus was not crucified, but instead moved to Lanquedoc and had children with Mary Magdalene.
Until professional historians found the critical parts of "Holy Blood" were fabricated by a hoaxer and con-artist Pierre Plantard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Plantard

Every "mystery" perpetuated on the web can be explained in a similar way.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:29 am

Neuro wrote:Just because some conspiracy theories are wrong and that people are gullible, doesn't mean that there are indeed big secrets or conspiracies.

I suppose a "not" is missing right between "are" and "indeed", or am I wrong?

Neuro wrote:On a massive scale too. Just take religion. All of them can't be true at the same time which means most of them has to be a conspiracy. It's undeniable. So denying possible conspiracies out of hand like you do here, is IMO being just as naive as anything else.

People in general can't believe there are so many crazy people running this world. The first category looks up to the second supposing them to be intelligent and moral when in many cases they are not. Here in Sweden we had a chancellor in the 1600's named Axel Oxenstierna. He once said to his son Johan: "My son, you can't imagine with what little wisdom the world is ruled." That was true then and is true today.

I don't think a false religion has to be a conspiracy; there are many falsehoods that are not conspiracies, and many conspiracies that are not falsehoods.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am

skiffrace wrote:The thing is, I have no beliefs. I look at the existing evidence and carefully form hypothesis.

How can that be when you firmly cling to the belief that Shakespeare is the true author and will not look at anything to the contrary, but dismiss it out of hand?

About Shakespearean scholars, the film preview I link to in the OP is about a Shakespeare scholar from UK meeting up with Amundsen. From outraged and dismissive to completely different view after he himself physically helped dig up the marker stones on Oak Island corresponding to the map coded in Shakespeare and many other things. The film can be rented here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/shakespeare

Anyway, I'm not here to argue or try to convince anybody. Just fun to think whenever I watch WC races from Holmenkollen that the simple organist in the chapel there might have stumbled on something so huge, a real life movie story.

Magnus Johansson wrote:
Neuro wrote:Just because some conspiracy theories are wrong and that people are gullible, doesn't mean that there are indeed big secrets or conspiracies.

I suppose a "not" is missing right between "are" and "indeed", or am I wrong?

Yeah, a typo there.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:I don't think a false religion has to be a conspiracy; there are many falsehoods that are not conspiracies, and many conspiracies that are not falsehoods.

For another debate, but it seems too improbable that all the religions just happened by chance.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:42 am

Neuro wrote:
Magnus Johansson wrote:I don't think a false religion has to be a conspiracy; there are many falsehoods that are not conspiracies, and many conspiracies that are not falsehoods.

For another debate, but it seems too improbable that all the religions just happened by chance.

To that I agree.

skiffrace
xcskiforum 50K

Postby skiffrace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Neuro wrote:How can that be when you firmly cling to the belief that Shakespeare is the true author and will not look at anything to the contrary, but dismiss it out of hand?

I said "in matters I know little about I follow the opinion of established experts - Shakespearean scholars"
Let a panel of experts look at the data presented by the organist.
If he indeed is on to something big, we'll read about it in established scholarly journals.
Keep us posted.

Ps. (the experts conspire to suppress the "ground-breaking" evidence is not an acceptable answer)

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:54 am

The thing about this is that he finds a map and a location, and it turns out to be to an island, Oak Island, where people have been searching for treasure after sensational finds for more than a century. There's been a TV series on History Channel about it where people have been searching for treasure after finds (The Curse of Oak Island).

The mind boggling bit is that the map he has found points to specific locations on the island according to a grid, and when measured up, those points when checked reveals a huge semi-spherical stone dug down at each, something that simply can't be a coincidence.

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

skiffrace wrote:Let a panel of experts look at the data presented by the organist.

Look at it yourself. Rent the film and watch an expert confront the data. It's not expensive. Much less than a cinema ticket or a book. If nothing else, you too will not look at Holmenkollen ski arena in the same way again.. ;)

Return to “Way Off Topic”