What's your ski photo worth?

Anything goes, politics, jokes, etc

Moderator: Moderator Group

Harry Nowell
xcskiforum 10K

What's your ski photo worth?

Postby Harry Nowell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:50 am

"I've been a photographer for over 30 years. I need a real job to pay the bills." I gasped as I received this e-mail.

I get enough questions about the business of photography that I developed and present elements of the Creative Business Seminar to college, university and private groups.

This month's edition of Exposed! explores the value of photography - "what's your photo worth?" and the business of photography.

http://www.harrynowell.com/newsletter/V ... rticle.htm

Thanks for looking,
Harry

kuan
Ski Forum God

Postby kuan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:02 am

I know this guy who went out and bought a $1200 DSLR. Every photo he's taken has a blue tint.

People can't tell the difference. My wife and I, we like art, and we have some pieces but no "photographs" so to speak. I would really like to get a hold of some Ansel Adams originals though. It'd make a nice birthday present for my wife.

donpollari
xcskiforum 50K

Postby donpollari » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:39 am

Harry, spamming is bad form.

Harry Nowell
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Harry Nowell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:55 am

Hi Don,

my apologies if you find this spam! I write these articles and post them through my own list of voluntary subscribers and through forums (fora?) like this - much of my work and passion is through nordic skiing and other sports - 71 times on the xc skis this year! I live 30 feet from the enormous Gatineau Park in Quebec.

It's true that I run a photo business but also true that my articles provide free info for skiers passionate about photography.

I have not been confronted as a spammer at other forum sites - my postings - articles and photos of the month - often start discussions and distractions in people's busy days.

If people would prefer me to avoid xcskiforum.ca with my photo articles and photos I will gladly stop! Please let me know,

Harry

donpollari
xcskiforum 50K

Postby donpollari » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:07 pm

No worries Harry.

With the hyper commercial societies we live in I'm probably oversensitive.

A few selfless posts would be reassuring and please contribute to topics, with your experience I'm sure you have alot of valuable information to share.

:albino: :albino:

Harry Nowell
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Harry Nowell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks Don!
Check my Gatineau Park ski report...

Harry

Return to “Way Off Topic”