swix just click system pole straps

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

jasper110
xcskiforum 20K

swix just click system pole straps

Postby jasper110 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:53 am

having kids who ski, i must take my pole straps on and off about every 5 minutes to adjust zips/hats etc etc. so when i saw the swix 'just click' system and liked the strap system that cradles your hand when i tried someone elses poles i though i'd give them a go.

to explain briefly; the just click strap has a small plastic tab between thumb and index finger that clicks into a recess in the handle. the top of the handle has a button which when pressed, releases the tab. the strap stays on the hand. this isn't a strap only system, you need the dedicated handle as well, available either in plastic or cork. both items are available seperately or as a set, and the straps are sizes S,M and L

confession: i got these for my wife to try out.

first impression;
the straps are sized small, i got a size medium and my hands measure 21cm around the knuckles. my wifes hands are not much smaller.without gloves i can barely get my hands into the strap.although better on my wife, she is unable to wear gloves.
so i got large straps. i can just about get my hands with gloves into the straps, so my wife should fare better ( i doubt my lobster mitts would fit) the strap also seems to sit high up on the hand.

operation:
the release button works fine and seems sturdy enough. as of yet i don't know if the hole in the handle will fill with snow and hinder the release mechanism.

conclusion:
on paper these seem ideal. however the sizing in my opinion is poor (the small size would possibly fit my 7 year old son) and the fit is not perfect. am i getting some for my poles? No. would i buy again? No.

rmattson
Forum Admin

Postby rmattson » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:32 am

I have these grips and love them. I did get a large size though. I leave the release portion on my glove pretty much all season and when I want to switch between poles I just click and go, no fiddling.

Cloxxki
World Cup

Postby Cloxxki » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:06 am

I wear XXL gloves, so I can forget about Swix? I just learned of the Leki system. It does seem mighty convenient. Just, you need new poles or at least grips, and crazy expensive gloves. Now, I am happy with closeout cycling and snowboard (pipe) gloves. Have been shopping for nice biathlon straps, but didn't come to purchase. Any ideas welcome :-)
My new blog : 46weeks.blogspot.com

jasper110
xcskiforum 20K

Postby jasper110 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:34 am

Cloxxki wrote:I wear XXL gloves, so I can forget about Swix? I just learned of the Leki system. It does seem mighty convenient. Just, you need new poles or at least grips, and crazy expensive gloves. Now, I am happy with closeout cycling and snowboard (pipe) gloves. Have been shopping for nice biathlon straps, but didn't come to purchase. Any ideas welcome :-)

i can't speak of the other swix straps but i doub't you'd get the 'just click' to fit with xxl gloves. measure around your hand ( knuckles at widest point , excluding thumb) without gloves. i measure 21cm and have the size large as mentioned.

tvcrider
xcskiforum 10K

Re: swix just click system pole straps

Postby tvcrider » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow, this looks amazing similar to the YOKO strap system that I have been using for a number of years. It too is click and go!

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”