Just ordered ski sets. Did I do well?

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Ami in Berlin
xcskiforum 20K

Just ordered ski sets. Did I do well?

Postby Ami in Berlin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:00 pm

My girlfriend and I are visiting the US this summer, and we've just ordered some ski sets (as they are about half the price of what you pay in Germany). We will want to use the mostly out of track in local parks and forests, but we will also make a couple trips a year to areas with laid tracks.

I skied a couple times as a teenager, and then not at all for 15 years. So that pretty much makes me a novice.

I ordered Salomon Snowscape 7 Skis Salomon Profil Auto Universal Bindings and Salomon Escape Sport Boots.

I was tempted to get Rossi Evo Glade ARs, but I was concerned they wouldn't perform well in track.

My girlfriend skied quite a lot as a kid and teenager, but had not skiied for about 10 years until last winter.

She ordered Atomic Balanze 8 APG Skis with SNS Profil Bindings and Salomon Siam Sport Boots.

Can anyone comment on this gear? Will we like it? Will it suit us?

Thanks

Cloxxki
World Cup

Postby Cloxxki » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:09 pm

European brands cheaper in the US? I went to Germany (from Holland) for the very lowest prices in ski gear.

If the US is worth it now, I;ve got to find a store to buy me some top end skis before the Dollar crawls back up!

Ami in Berlin
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Ami in Berlin » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:54 pm

Cloxxki wrote:European brands cheaper in the US? I went to Germany (from Holland) for the very lowest prices in ski gear.

If the US is worth it now, I;ve got to find a store to buy me some top end skis before the Dollar crawls back up!

Far cheaper, from what I can see. I first checked my local ski shop, then I checked online at http://www.sport-conrad.com/ which seems to usually have the best prices in Europe (for downhill gear, at least).

www.rei.com was about half price compared to Conrad and better than that compared to the local ski shop.

They don't ship euro brands to euro addresses (at least not Rossi and Salomon), but we're flying over next week anyway, so we'll pick the gear up at the shop (saving the shipping fee) and take it back with us. I'm also picking up a downhill ski set at the same time.

For top end stuff, I'd recommend looking at http://www.marmotmountain.com/ . I'm sure others have their favourites, too.

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”