Touring ski recommendations

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

timwayne
xcskiforum 10K

Touring ski recommendations

Postby timwayne » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 am

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a recommendation for touring skis for out-the-back-door skiing on ungroomed or snowshoe/snowmobile-packed trails. I am an advanced skier with racing experience but I don't really race anymore and this type of skiing probably represents 3/4 of my skiing the last few years. I wore out a great pair of Trak touring skis, replaced them with some Atomics (hastily purchased and just ok) and now have worn them out too. Everyone seems to want to sell me a metal-edged backcountry ski but to me, that is overkill. I am looking for more of a standard touring ski with some width and flotation but which also skis reasonably fast - lots of skis in this category seem to say "great for the beginner or intermediate" and that is not me, and not how I like to ski. I would really appreciate any recommendations that you have for specific skis. Thanks!

Tim

nxski
World Cup

Re: Touring ski recommendations

Postby nxski » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

if you're looking for a fast ski and something that goes off trail, you may need 2 different skis. That being said, there are some that cross-over relatively well. The BC Country and XAdv Free spring to mind.
"Live the life you love, love the life you live"

nes-design-construction.com

Nick Spurling

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”