TURNAMIC - Rossignol And Fischer Partner To Create New Binding System

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Re: TURNAMIC - Rossignol And Fischer Partner To Create New Binding System

Postby Blah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Magnus Johansson wrote:
Blah wrote:The plate is attached to the ski the exact same way that the NIS plate is attched

OK, so is it just the single catch of the binding that reduces the stiffening of the ski flex, and not that the plate itself is able to in a free way bend longitudinally in relation to the ski?

No it's the fact that the plate is not one long strip but that it is 2 pieces and that the binding is held in on spot which allows for the binding to move.

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:56 pm

skateski007 wrote:Will it be worth the upgrade or is Turnamic more of a convenience upgrade and not so much of a performance upgrade from the current non-turnamic systems? Seems like more so convenience.

I'ts the entire system that is an upgrade. Ski, plate and binding. Just putting the binding on an old ski isn't going to make a big change because it doesn't work the same way on an old ski.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

Blah wrote:
Magnus Johansson wrote:
Blah wrote:The plate is attached to the ski the exact same way that the NIS plate is attched

OK, so is it just the single catch of the binding that reduces the stiffening of the ski flex, and not that the plate itself is able to in a free way bend longitudinally in relation to the ski?

No it's the fact that the plate is not one long strip but that it is 2 pieces and that the binding is held in on spot which allows for the binding to move.

I am not sure I understand what you mean here. The 2-piece plate already exists with Rottefella's separate Xcelerator plates where the heel part of the binding can move with the ski flex independantly from the toe piece. What do you mean with "held in on spot"?

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:
Blah wrote:
Magnus Johansson wrote:OK, so is it just the single catch of the binding that reduces the stiffening of the ski flex, and not that the plate itself is able to in a free way bend longitudinally in relation to the ski?

I am not sure I understand what you mean here. The 2-piece plate already exists with Rottefella's separate Xcelerator plates where the heel part of the binding can move with the ski flex independantly from the toe piece. What do you mean with "held in on spot"?

I meant one spot ;) You'll have to try it next season and see/ determine for yourself

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:09 am

Blah wrote:I meant one spot ;) You'll have to try it next season and see/ determine for yourself

OK, then I see; that was what I tried to say earlier. Yes, I am looking forward to try the binding. I would like to do so also on my roller skis. I have written to Fischer asking them if there will be separate mounting plates available. No answer yet.

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:27 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:
Blah wrote:I meant one spot ;) You'll have to try it next season and see/ determine for yourself

OK, then I see; that was what I tried to say earlier. Yes, I am looking forward to try the binding. I would like to do so also on my roller skis. I have written to Fischer asking them if there will be separate mounting plates available. No answer yet.

There will be a mounting plate for a flat ski.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:51 am

skateski007 wrote:Will it be worth the upgrade or is Turnamic more of a convenience upgrade and not so much of a performance upgrade from the current non-turnamic systems? Seems like more so convenience.

If you buy a new 2017/18 model year Fischer ski next year, I bet it will come with a Turnamic plate. Therefore the best thing to do would be to put a Turnamic binding on that ski if you already have or plan to purchase NNN boots or Salomon Prolink next year.
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Montana wrote:

If you buy a new 2017/18 model year Fischer ski next year, I bet it will come with a Turnamic plate. Therefore the best thing to do would be to put a Turnamic binding on that ski if you already have or plan to purchase NNN boots or Salomon Prolink next year.

If you buy a Fischer or Rossi ski next year it will only come with a Turnamic plate. If you buy either you are going to buy a Turnamic binding to go with it.

skateski007
xcskiforum 10K

Postby skateski007 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 am

Blah wrote:
Montana wrote:

If you buy a Fischer or Rossi ski next year it will only come with a Turnamic plate. If you buy either you are going to buy a Turnamic binding to go with it.

Ah, decisions, decisions. New boot soles will also be made to fit the Turnamic system. I think it might be best for anyone needing a new nordic package to wait till next season now...and those that don't care can get some excellent deals on equipment using the 'old' current system

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 am

Very good presentation of Turnamic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CimdhE66wsg

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”