Profil Boot heel binding contact off

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

othersteve
xcskiforum 10K

Profil Boot heel binding contact off

Postby othersteve » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me because this is driving me nuts. I have a Salomon SNS Profil boots and Profil bindings on Atomic skintec classics, but my right boot isn't landing correctly into the binding plate. My heel keeps coming down on the center divider of the binding. The boot bottom is designed to go on either side of the divider. I switched skis and put them on the other side, but the problem is still with my right boot not fitting the binding as it should. It lands correctly about 50 percent of the time. It's worse on uphills. Anyone have a clue how to correct this?
Thanks-S

Montana
World Cup

Re: Profil Boot heel binding contact off

Postby Montana » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:31 am

Could be the sole of the boot is mismounted. Since one boot contacts the heel plate properly and the second does not, the sole on the offending boot could be the problem. I think there would be no correction for that except to return the boots for a new pair.
38th consecutive Birkie in 2018!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 am

Check to see if the bar on the front of the boot is bent. Sometimes this can be hard to see but it is often the cause of a boot not lining up correctly with the binding.

TooHeavy
xcskiforum 30K

Postby TooHeavy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:18 pm

What Blah said. The metal bar is probably twisted and not level with the sole bottom. I crashed hard on a new pair and twisted the bar. Solution turned on the stove and heated it up and twisted it back close to level. Still not perfect but usable.

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”