Swix Triac 3.0 pole

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Swix Triac 3.0 pole

Postby Neuro » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:33 pm

The latest pole was introduced in the World Champs in Lahti, having listened to skiers like Northug and others who now get a better grip with the strap lock mounted high on top. The strap is also stiffer and doesn't give as much as before. It's 13% lighter with most of the saving from the basket. Here's a translated version of a Norwegian story.

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Re: Swix Triac 3.0 pole

Postby Blah » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:06 pm

I used them a fair amount in February. The pole shaft is exactly the same as the 2.5
The weight savings is actually in the grip. They felt nice, not revolutionary but very good. You actually need a tool to remove the straps and they do not have any adjustment ability which helps cut weight

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Now that you think about it, it's weird they kept all the extra junk on top of the handles for so long on race poles.

Mark M
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Mark M » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:31 am

Do they really need a tool for removal or just something to push the strap end insert off the handle?

I was thinking about these yesterday when I put new Swix straps and noticed that there is even less extra strap material (and thus adjustability) than before. You only have about an inch of extra strap for adjustments anyway.

Blah
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Blah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Mark M wrote:Do they really need a tool for removal or just something to push the strap end insert off the handle?

I was thinking about these yesterday when I put new Swix straps and noticed that there is even less extra strap material (and thus adjustability) than before. You only have about an inch of extra strap for adjustments anyway.

Yes, you really do need a tool to remove the strap from the handle...

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”