Happy Feet Make All the Difference!

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

dcpattie
xcskiforum 30K

Happy Feet Make All the Difference!

Postby dcpattie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:05 pm

I cannot tell you how happy my feet are since I inserted a new insole in my boots. No more pain in my arch...stability goes way up and my power and speed are up substantially.

The trick is finding an insole that will not change the "heel-to-tow drop" of your ski boots. Most insoles will add 8-12mm of drop. I tried the Rottefella insole and they are terrible (hard as rocks).

Bonus hot tip of the day - try CurrexSole insoles. They will not add any drop to your boots. The RunPro works for my classic boots and the narrower ActivePro works for my skate boots. Perfect for my low arches!
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Magnus Johansson
xcskiforum 40K

Re: Happy Feet Make All the Difference!

Postby Magnus Johansson » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Nice to hear, Dave, that you have found a good solution. If I understand you correctly it is important to get an insole (if needed) that raises heel and toes equally so the angle of the foot isn't changed.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 30K

Postby dcpattie » Mon May 01, 2017 5:01 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:Nice to hear, Dave, that you have found a good solution. If I understand you correctly it is important to get an insole (if needed) that raises heel and toes equally so the angle of the foot isn't changed.

Exactly! And most 'off the shelf' insoles will increase the heel drop - thereby throwing off your balance. Rottefella understood this as their insoles are dead flat but were also incredibly uncomfortable. CurrexSole - a German company - totally nailed it!
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Neuro
xcskiforum 40K

Postby Neuro » Mon May 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Nice to hear the issue fixed, that's useful info.

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”