Classic Boot Forefoot Flex

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Slow Mo
xcskiforum 10K

Classic Boot Forefoot Flex

Postby Slow Mo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Anyone had issues with new classic boots (racing) forefoot flex pinching down on top of your toes? I swear they didn't feel like that when I tried them on and walked around - only after about 15-20 minutes of skiing. I have switched back to my old boots for now and bought more moleskin.

The new boots fit very well other wise, and I really feel like my kick and balance are noticeably better in these. I will try to "break them in," but if there are ways to make this less painful, I am willing to try.

I have not disclosed the brand and style for now. If someone immediately guesses the brand and style I will be discouraged.

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:50 am

I've had this problem with some boots, both for skiing as well as mountaineering. Seems to me it is frequently an individual boot problem where two pairs of the same size -- one might press on the foot the other doesn't. Also a half size smaller helped once too. I've used Solomon, Fischer, Garmont, Asolo ski boot and boots from Vasque and LaSportiva for mountaineering and have experienced the problem with each brand at one time or another.
39th consecutive Birkie in 2019!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

Slow Mo
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Slow Mo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Ralph,
Your previous post prompted me to go with thicker insoles (still experimenting). I have tried Superfeet, which I like, and now I am trying the heat moldable "Sole" with the thickest cushion.

I cannot go one size smaller in the boots, unfortunately, due to the length. My boots are Fischer Centrix C9000 and they have adequate width in the forefoot, which is unusal for me. They are "breaking in" more, but I am still using molefoam/moleskin.

zzzz
xcskiforum 20K

Postby zzzz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:45 pm

That's interesting. I was going to post a wanted ad in the classifieds for a C9000, second generation or later generation model with the wide forefoot, lacelocks, and Salomon sole (44). I love the S9000 and just got a backup pair to store away (since I heard that Salomon was switching to NNN), and was thinking that the C9000 would be similar, but obviously you don't use the toe flex on the skate boot. Montana, I see that you have a size 48 of the C9000 boots for sale... any consistent toe pinch problems with them?
Last edited by zzzz on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cloxxki
World Cup

Postby Cloxxki » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:46 am

zzzz wrote:That's interesting. I was going to post a wanted ad in the classifieds for a C9000, second generation or later generation model with the wide forefoot, lacelocks, and Salomon sole (44). I love the S9000 and just got a backup pair to store away (since I heard that Salomon was switching to NNN), and was thinking that the C9000 would be similar, but obviously you don't use the toe flex on the skate boot. Montana, I see that you have a size 48 of the C9000 boots for sale... any consistent toe pinch problems with them?

Why would Salomon (now Atomic-owned) ditch their own standard for someone else's? I think you meant Fischer there :-)

Montana
World Cup

Postby Montana » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:48 am

zzzz wrote:That's interesting. I was going to post a wanted ad in the classifieds for a C9000, second generation or later generation model with the wide forefoot, lacelocks, and Salomon sole (44). I love the S9000 and just got a backup pair to store away (since I heard that Salomon was switching to NNN), and was thinking that the C9000 would be similar, but obviously you don't use the toe flex on the skate boot. Montana, I see that you have a size 48 of the C9000 boots for sale... any consistent toe pinch problems with them?

No, I've had no problems with toe pinch on those boots.
BTW: Anyone want them make me an offer since I'm not using them any more.
39th consecutive Birkie in 2019!
Ralph Thornton, Ear Mountain Photography

zzzz
xcskiforum 20K

Postby zzzz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:01 pm

Cloxxki wrote:Why would Salomon (now Atomic-owned) ditch their own standard for someone else's? I think you meant Fischer there :-)

Yes. Oops.

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”